Information for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Trinity Lutheran School will participate in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Under this program, funded by the State of Wisconsin, parents have a choice in how their tax dollars are spent on the education of their children. At Trinity, we believe parents are best equipped to decide what school is the best fit for their child. This program allows more families to choose Christian education for their sons or daughters.
- Trinity encourages all qualifying families to apply. Please note that only current students in 4K, Kindergarten, and 1st grade and students transferring from public schools or another choice school are eligible.
- Parents must go to the DPI website to apply for the 2019-2020 school year. Parent email verification is a part of the application process. It may take 5 minutes to 24 hours for the verification email to be received by the applicant. The application process can be completed once the verification has arrived. Once your application has been entered, the DPI site will list what documentation is needed for you to bring to Trinity for verification.
Click here for the Trinity Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
page about Trinity & the Wisconsin School Choice program.
Click to Apply
- Enrollment for 2019-2020 will run from February 1, 2019 to April 20, 2019
- Students chosen by a lottery system performed by the Department of Public Instruction receive a voucher that is paid to Trinity which covers 100% of tuition
- Completed 2018 Tax Information & proof of residency is required to complete enrollment eligibility process for new applicants
- Income eligibility set by the state program is based on a family's Adjusted Gross Income (AGI); see Income Guideline Chart below. AGI is line 37 of form 1040.
- Families with a student chosen in 2018-19 need to re-apply and provide proof of residency within the enrollment window
Downloadable Information from the Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
WPCP Eligibility Chart for the 2019-2020 School Year
Adjusted Gross Income
||Max. Yearly Income (Single)
||Max. Yearly Income (Married)
For each additional member add $9,504
* NOTE - Figures listed in the right column will not be listed on the DPI site but reflect the $7,000 adjustment for married couples with children.
School District Choices
At one point on the form you will be asked for your school district. Please choose the appropriate response under "Resident School District" and click "Continue." The UHS option that is on the page does not apply to our area.
Options for Determining Income
Before deciding which method to use for your family, please consult this Frequently Asked Questions document prepared by the Department of Public Instruction:
Complete your income tax for 2018, and enter the necessary totals on the WPCP application. Bring a SIGNED copy of your tax form to Trinity for reference.
On the WPCP application, click to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to determine your income eligibility. If 2018 tax information has not been submitted, 2017 data will be used.
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Current Wage Statement (can be year-end W2)
- Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Current lease agreement
Contact Rev. Thomas Fricke, Interim Principal at Trinity Lutheran School.